Coming into hospital can be daunting prospect for
children especially if they have not been away from home before. It
can be an equally worrying time for parents.
We encourage you to stay with your child, and all our hospitals
offer accommodation and facilities for you to do this. If you are
unable to stay, this is not a problem, our dedicated team of nurses
will be fully aware of your child’s needs, so you can have complete
peace of mind.
It is a good idea to visit the hospital with your child in
advance. This will help you to prepare for the stay, and also means
the hospital will be a familiar place for your child.
It is always a good idea to allow your child to help pack their
case. Please pack;
- Nightwear, dressing gown and slippers
- Day clothes
- Shoes (if staying more than three days)
- Favourite teddy bear, activity toys or comfort blanket (no
matter what the condition)
- Cup, feeder, bottle or cutlery
- Any medication your child is taking, and hand it to the nurse
in charge on arrival
- If you are staying with your child, bring your own nightwear
Most Taj Hospitals have satellite TV
and a selection of books, games and videos for entertainment, but if
your child prefers, they can bring their own.
Taj Hospitals offer a specifically tailored information
leaflet for parents of children coming into hospital, and a
storybook for your child. Please contact us to obtain copies.